Parenting for the Launch!
Many parents of teenagers describe feeling isolated, ill-equipped, and under-prepared, with kids who don’t appear be listening during this crucial time of life. They are anxious about their children leaving home and their relationships are often strained. At a time when parents want to become closer to their teens, they feel like they’re being pushed away in favor of other voices. These questions keep them awake at night:
- Have we covered the bases?
- How will our relationship change?
- Are they ready?
- Are we ready???
We believe (and think most will agree) that young adults today need more than head knowledge. They need a solid, holistic leadership foundation that will support them and enable them to make key decisions in these crucial years and beyond. This includes--
- “We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” ~ Epictetus Question: what one action fosters unity, common understanding, mutual respect, healing, better decisions, more effective management, stronger marriages, families, and … Continue reading
- So, what grade would you give yourself regarding your 2016 resolutions? If you’re like most of us, you succeeded with a few, but fell short on more. Sometimes our goals get lost in the shuffle. Sometimes we fail because we … Continue reading
- So, how was your 2016? Despite the holiday frenzy, I hope you took some time to reflect on the year, highlighting your blessings and, yes, considering what might have gone better. What brought you the greatest joy? What were your … Continue reading
- “Aaaaw, do we really have to do __this year?” (eyes roll) Got teens? If so, it may be easy for you to fill in the blank. Many times, these are the years parents get the most pushback … Continue reading
- Tired of shopping from gift card-laden lists that remove the element of surprise? Tempted to play it safe yet again? Or, are you willing to take a calculated risk and think “out of the box” for the special people/person in … Continue reading
- Have you ever noticed that some people are chronic worriers, while others seem to calmly take things in stride? I’ve often wondered how hard life must be for the worrying types. They face the same uncertainties as more easygoing types, … Continue reading
- Parents: how many times have you heard your teen say, “You treat me like a kid!” How many times have you responded, “Well, it’s because you act like one!”? Teens are constantly and increasingly tugging at the reins, wanting more … Continue reading
- As we enter Thanksgiving week, we’re grateful for your tireless investment in the next generation. Whether you’re a parent, guardian, educator, or mentor, we’re celebrating YOU with our annual holiday sale, now through year-end! You’ll receive substantial savings—(20% off!)—on all … Continue reading
- Thanksgiving is here! It’s one of my favorite holidays, not just because I enjoy the delicious turkey, stuffing (seriously, mine is the best!), pumpkin pie, and spending time with loved ones, but because of something deeper. Thanksgiving gives me the … Continue reading
- Coke or Pepsi Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise Big Mac or Whopper iPhone or Galaxy Rap or Country Republican or Democrat or ______ We all have our tastes and preferences, and we make our choices accordingly. Sometimes we like our options. … Continue reading